Career Opportunities at Trillium
Trillium has teams working in King, Pierce, Kitsap and Clark Counties.
We hire creative, energetic people interested in assisting businesses who hire people with intellectual disabilities. We believe that our communities are strengthened when people with intellectual disabilities are included in the workforce. If you believe this and can bring marketing and teaching skills that will increase employment for people with disabilities, we want to hear from you.
Openings vary per team, so please include your geographic preference.
The following are currently open positions:
Locations: King County (Auburn), Pierce County (Puyallup) and Kitsap County (Silverdale)
Our team is very collaborative, so we rely on staff to be positive, self-directed and professional as both a consultant in the community and as a team player.
As an advocate for the job seeker, this position requires initiative and creativity and a belief that anyone who wants to work can develop skills that will be valued in a workplace.
As a consultant to businesses, the position requires networking and marketing skills and professionalism that can be adapted to various company cultures. Consider that most businesses have not experienced supported employment, so you are pitching them their next bold business decision and ensuring it is successful.
Every day is different and every job placement is unique, so variety and uncertainty are a part of the job.
You feel up to the challenge? Tell us how you can contribute to our mission of promoting inclusive community and employment opportunities. Please email your resume and a cover letter that highlights your work experience and why you are suited for this position. To learn more about Trillium, check out our website at www.trillium.org or on Facebook.
Salary is competitive and depends on qualifications and experience. Entry-level range is between $33,000 – $35,000. The staff person hired can expect to receive annual pay increases based on individual performance, level of responsibility and overall performance of our organization.
Bonuses average $4,000 annually, based on team performance.
Benefits offered have an estimated average annual value of $16,000. Benefits available to full-time employees include:
Medical, dental and vision benefits (dependents receive similar benefits with 60% of the premium paid by Trillium) • Personal leave starting at 18 days per year • In addition to personal leave, full time employees receive 10 paid holidays per year • Extended Illness Bank for payment of salary during extended illness for employees and their families • Long Term Disability Insurance • Life insurance ($10,000) • Paid sabbatical leave at four year, ten, twenty, and thirty year employment anniversary dates • A 403b retirement with Traditional and Roth options and a generous employer match after the first year of employment • Mileage & cell phone reimbursement • Immediate and cost-free access to the Employment Assistance Program for employees and their families.
Have at least one year of experience teaching skills to individuals with disabilities • Bachelor’s Degree • Knowledge, ability and desire to work respectfully with people with disabilities • Ability to relate to a diverse set of situations and individuals • Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, orally and in writing • Self-directed and can work independently • Outgoing and confident in approaching businesses on behalf of people with disabilities • Willing to work all shifts, weekends and holidays if necessary.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License and proof of vehicle liability insurance.
- Must obtain a favorable driving abstract from the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Must have private vehicle and willing to use for business.
- Ability to complete background investigation in order to ascertain whether criminal convictions exist for crimes against persons.
- Certification in first aid and CPR no later than three months from the initial date of hire.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Board Certified Behavior Analyst – Internal Consultant
Trillium believes that any person with the desire to work can work, and is willing to invest in the staff training and resources to prepare staff with the skills necessary to support people with a variety of abilities in the community. For people with challenging behaviors and complex needs, these resources are often limited and difficult to access. As Trillium seeks to expand services to people who traditionally have not been served by community-based services, we have found that an internal resource with behavioral expertise supports outcomes in the following ways:
- Timely support to staff for assistance with behavioral support
- Available follow-up to ensure success in implementing supports
- Staff capacity building that goes beyond the particular client consultation
- Ensures Trillium values and oversight throughout consultation for positive interventions
- Ongoing collaboration with staff and management to maintain progress towards client’s goals
- Provide behavioral support to Trillium staff through consultation, including goal development, observation, collaborative behavioral support strategy development, modeling, data and progress tracking, and feedback of support strategies.
- Offer follow-up support remotely and on-site, and offer feedback and problem-solving solutions as needed.
- Write and report progress on behavioral goals to clients, support staff, Trillium administration and funders.
- Regularly travel to each county served by Trillium to reach all clients and staff in need of additional support.
- Provide staff training related to supporting clients with complex or challenging behavior, including positive behavior supports, data collection and tracking progress, and the functions of behavior.
- Collect and quantify data related to on-the-job success, coaching hours, jobs gained and lost, and staff confidence throughout support process.
- Collect and incorporate feedback from consultees and management to continually improve services.
- Provide training to individuals and teams about new ideas and strategies to incorporate into their coaching and assessment.
- Stay abreast of current research and effective evidence-based strategies to incorporate into client supports.
- Outreach to staff to educate them about how to access available support.
- Establish effective and ethical relationships with staff, managers, clients funding partners, and maintain appropriate boundaries
- Collaborate with other state, county and provider agencies to increase the presence of applied behavior analysis in adult services.
- Maintain BCBA certification through continuing education and researching current evidence-based practices.
- Provide behavior support and consultation, as approved, through ITA and TA services outside of Trillium.
- Develop and deliver trainings for external audiences and conferences.
- Ongoing collaboration with network of BCBAs to maintain best practices and share ideas.
- Share position and outcomes with other agencies and recruit BCBAs into adult services by supporting internships.
- Master’s degree in applied behavior analysis, psychology, education / special education, or a related field • BCBA Certification required or waiting to take BACB examination
- Current license / ability to obtain a license as a Behavior Analyst in Washington •
- At least two years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, preferably adults.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Possess a Valid Driver’s license and vehicle to travel for appointments.
Immediate Supervisor: Associate Director
It is the policy and intent of Trillium to comply with all federal and state laws concerning non-discrimination and equal access for employment and receipt of services or supports. This policy exists regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, limited English speaking ability or political beliefs.
Openings vary per team, so please include your geographic preference.
Benefits offered have an estimated average annual value of $14,500. Benefits available to full-time employees include: Medical, dental and vision benefits (dependents receive similar benefits with 60% of the premium paid by Trillium) • Personal leave starting at 18 days per year • In addition to personal leave, full time employees receive 10 paid holidays per year • Extended illness bank for payment of salary during extended illness • Long Term Disability Insurance • Life insurance ($10,000) • Paid sabbatical leave at five year and ten year employment anniversary dates • A 403B retirement plan where employees receive a generous match after the first year of employment • Mileage & cell phone reimbursement