Career Opportunities at Trillium
Trillium has teams working in King, Pierce, Kitsap and Clark Counties.
We hire creative, energetic people interested in assisting businesses who hire people with intellectual disabilities. We believe that our communities are strengthened when people with intellectual disabilities are included in the workforce. If you believe this and can bring marketing and teaching skills that will increase employment for people with disabilities, we want to hear from you.
Openings vary per team, so please include your geographic preference.
Visit www.indeedjobs.com for more information.
The following are currently open positions:
Employment Consultant, Kitsap County
$17.31 – $19.71 an hour
Are you a creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills? Are you interested in assisting Kitsap County businesses in employing people with developmental disabilities? Do you have experience in business development, marketing, and/or coaching skills? If you answered “yes”, we want to hear from you. We are seeking Employment Consultants to help increase employment for people with disabilities in Kitsap County communities.
A note regarding COVID-19
We are currently adhering to the WA state “stay home, stay healthy” order and performing the majority of our work remotely. While our work is community based, we will adjust as the WA state governors’ guidelines change.
- Coaching and teaching individuals with developmental disabilities job skills
- Empowering people with disabilities to reach their full potential
- Building relationships with businesses in the community through networking and pitching our services and inclusive workplace concepts to them.
- Interacting effectively with clients, families, businesses, schools and funders
- Assessing job seekers’ marketable skills and abilities
- Managing a fluctuating daily schedule
- Writing case notes and reports that reflect your client work
- Current valid Washington State Driver’s License
- Ability to provide proof of current vehicle liability insurance
- Ability to provide a favorable driving abstract from the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Private vehicle to use for business
- Pass a background check to serve vulnerable populations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
Ideal candidates will have
- Minimum one (1) year of experience teaching skills and/or coaching to individuals with disabilities
- Consultative sales skills and/or experience
- Previous experience with maintaining a case load of clients
- Technical, report writing, and/or case note writing experience
- Highly effective time-management skills
- The ability to work collaboratively in a learning environment
- A high level of self-accountability, self-motivated
- Creative problem-solver
- Emotional intelligence, empathy for under-served communities
- Willing to make mistakes, learn and demonstrate what you’ve learned
What you can expect from Trillium as a new Employment Consultant
An experienced staff member will mentor you in your first 6 months to ensure you understand all aspects of the job. Formal trainings will also take place to ensure you have the tools you need to be successful. We are an organization that values and practices work/life balance, autonomy, person-centered career development and self-care. Trillium offers a robust benefits package with employer-shared premiums. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, HRA, Voluntary Life and Retirement.
Trillium values diverse perspectives and life experience and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, veterans and individuals with diverse lived experiences.
How to apply
Email your resume and a cover letter. Tell us about why you are interested in this position. To learn more about Trillium, check out our website at www.trillium.org or on Facebook.
Salary is competitive and depends on qualifications and experience. Base salary range is $36,000 – $38,000 a year ($17.31 – $19.71 per hour).
Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy and intent of Trillium to comply with all federal and state laws concerning non-discrimination and equal access for employment and receipt of services or supports. This policy exists regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, limited English speaking ability or political beliefs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.31 to $19.71 /hour
- Silverdale, WA 98383 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19