Career Opportunities at Trillium
Trillium has teams working in King, Pierce, Kitsap and Clark Counties.
We hire creative, energetic people interested in assisting businesses who hire people with intellectual disabilities. We believe that our communities are strengthened when people with intellectual disabilities are included in the workforce. If you believe this and can bring marketing and teaching skills that will increase employment for people with disabilities, we want to hear from you.
Openings vary per team, so please include your geographic preference.
Visit www.indeedjobs.com for more information.
The following are currently open positions:
FSLA: Non-Exempt , Full time (40 hrs/week)
Definition of Duties: Serves as the concierge for Trillium’s employee resource needs and works in coordination with other managers to create systems, policies, and practices that promote a healthy workplace. Ensures Trillium conforms with all federal, state, and local employment laws and that progressive HR practices create an inclusive environment. Works with managers to foster training and learning programs that advance soft skills and technical knowledge. Provides thought partnership and counsel to managers. Consults with employees and managers to address root causes of personnel issues and resolves employee relations issues with a systematic approach. Maintains strong relationships with the Finance Director and administrative staff in order to sustain the health of the organization.
Leads company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., annual review, organizational change). In the spirit of nonprofit resource management, there may be periodic other duties assigned. This is a part-time, non-exempt position and will report to Executive Director.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of Position:
Employee Relations – Acts as an employee advocate and Subject Matter Expert on employee relations. Builds management capability to facilitate an open, inclusive environment that enables effective employee relations.
- Implements processes to proactively identify and address employee issues
- Proactively consults with leaders/managers regarding HR guidelines and policies and responds to employees and manager inquiries.
- Partners with leaders/managers to ensure timely and effective feedback and performance management with employees.
- Strategizes with leaders/managers on staffing solutions including recruiting and engagement.
- Helps facilitate difficult conversations with employees/managers using progressive coaching techniques
- Provides in-person trainings in front of employee teams across the four county teams.
- Oversees benefit and compensation
HR Annual Process work – Manages human resources practices, programs and processes for the organization including Compensation, Performance Evaluation, Succession / Talent review, Employee Engagement, and Personnel record management.
- Shapes, manages, implements and integrates these practices, programs, and processes to ensure they are repeatable, proactive and integrated.
- Manages HR database and personnel records
- Ensures contract compliance for staff training requirements
- Overseas Safety Coordination across the organization
Manager Coaching & Human Resources for organizational initiatives – In collaboration with the Executive Director, partners and consults on organizational initiatives including diversity, equity and inclusion, organizational design, talent management, leadership development, team/manager effectiveness, stay and exit interviews, and workforce planning.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Strong business acumen and understanding of HR standard procedures.
- Solid understanding of management and leadership principles.
- Developing knowledge and application of change management techniques and strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of human resources trends, best practices, and regulatory issues.
- Experience in the successful management of employee relations activities.
- Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with conflict management and de-escalation techniques.
- General functional HR skills, both transactional and strategic
- Ability to diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions
- Project management skills
- Strong business acumen with client orientation and relationship management experience
- Working knowledge of compensation practices
- Knowledge and application of group facilitation techniques
- Conflict management and de-escalation skills
- Experience managing health benefits
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS office with ability to navigate Trillium’s database and leverage technology for engagement across the four county teams.
Typical Education and Experience
- Current HR certification with 5+ years experience
- Basic knowledge and some experience in organizational design principles
- Must submit to a criminal background check in order to ascertain whether criminal convictions exist for certain crimes against persons. Evidence of such shall render the candidate ineligible for employment with Trillium. This is a requirement of our contract as we work with a vulnerable population.
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Position Supervises: Administrative Assistant(s)
Mental and Physical Requirements
The physical/mental demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position continuously requires interpersonal skills, teamwork, use of discretion, independent judgment and/or independent action, reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English. Often requires decision-making and problem analysis. The position occasionally requires attention to detail and ability to work independently.
This position continuously requires sitting, hearing (using assistive devices if needed), and repetitive motion of the hands/wrists. Working conditions include office work from home or based at our Clark, Kitsap, King, or Pierce county locations. This position includes a high amount of desk work, sitting, phone and computer screen time in an open and/or personal office work environment. This position requires use of vehicle or transportation to attend meetings/perform trainings in all counties.
Salary is competitive and depends on qualifications and experience. Base starting salary is between $55,000 – $60,000 a year . The staff person hired can expect to receive yearly pay increases based on individual performance, level of responsibility and overall performance of our organization. Benefits offered have an estimated minimum average value of $16,000 per year.
Benefits available to full-time employees include:
Medical, dental and vision benefits (dependents receive similar benefits with 60% of the premium paid by Trillium) • Personal leave starting at 18 days per year • In addition to personal leave, full time employees receive 10 paid holidays per year • Extended Illness Bank for payment of salary during extended illness for employees and their families • Long Term Disability Insurance • Life insurance ($10,000) • Paid sabbatical leave at four, ten, twenty, and thirty year employment anniversary dates • A 403b retirement with Traditional and Roth options and a generous employer match after the first year of employment • Mileage & cell phone reimbursement • Immediate and cost-free access to the Employment Assistance Program for employees and their families
It is the policy and intent of Trillium to comply with all federal and state laws concerning non-discrimination and equal access for employment and receipt of services or supports. This policy exists regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disabled or Vietnam era Veteran status, disability, limited English speaking ability or political beliefs.